The Gap State School is an enrolment managed school. Further information on the enrolment management plan can be found under Catchment Area section of this website enrolment management plan. To establish the catchment area of an address, please go to the Department of Education catchment map via this link http://www.qgso.qld.gov.au/maps/edmap/.
For Prep enrolments, the Queensland Government's prep ready reckoner calculator is available to assist in determining when your child is eligible for their preparatory (Prep) year.
Expressions of interest for 2022 enrolments at The Gap State School are currently accepted in accordance to the school's enrolment management plan.
After submitting your expression of interest, your details will be included in the school's communication list for 2022 enrolment news, timelines and processes.
OPEN DAY - 19 May 2021, 9am - 10:30am
School tours and enrolment packs will be availalbe for collection at the Prep 2022 Open Day. Please register to attend the Open Day.
Student enrolment eligibility criteria:
- primary place of residence is in the school's catchment area, or;
- an older sibling already enrolled at The Gap State School, and;
- Prep 2022 - date of birth between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2017.
Expressions of interest are also accepted for children whose primary place of residence sits outside of the school's catchment area. See information below regarding 'out of catchment' submissions.
Expressions of interest for families who reside 'out of catchment'
Families who reside outside the school's catchment area are invited to submit and expression of interest via the link above, and are invited to attend the Open Day (see link above to register).
Submitting an expression of interest does not
guarantee enrolment. All expressions of interest will be recorded on the school's database for potential offers of enrolment by the Principal if a suitable place is, or becomes, available.
Current year enrolments
For current year enrolments, for families who reside in the school's catchment area, please contact the school office by phone to commence the enrolment process. Enrolment forms are available from the school office.
Supporting documents to be submitted with enrolment forms are:
- current proof of residential address indicated on the enrolment form:
- One primary source (a current lease agreement, rates notice, or unconditional contract of sale), and;
- One secondary document – a utilities bill (e.g. electricity, gas) showing this same address and parent's / legal guardian's name;
- current Passport and Visa if from outside Australia;
- documentation from previous school including a recent Report Card;
- medical and/or other applicable reports (including for Special Needs Students).
After the school's receipt of the completed enrolment forms and supporting documents, an enrolment interview will be arranged, where you will be requested to provide further documentation, including:
- evidence of student’s date of birth (e.g. Birth Certificate) and Australian residency;
- samples of work such as daily workbooks, which the class teacher will return following perusal.