The Gap State School is renowned for its outstanding sporting program and dedicated staff who support and enhance it.
Our sport program comprises of:
- Physical Education lessons each week for all Prep - Year 6 classes
- Years 4 - 6 Friday afternoon, interschool sports programs
- Water safety lessons by experienced Austswim qualified coaches in the school's heated swimming pool (Terms 1 and 4). Swimming lessons are grouped according to confidence and competence.
- Years 1 - 6 outdoor education and camp program
Our term by term programs are:
- Prep - Year 6 swimming program in Terms 1 and 4
- Prep - Year 6 Athletics program in Term 2
- Prep - Year 6 Balls Skills in Term 3
Celebrations of Learning
- Term 1 - Cross Country Sports House Competition
- Term 2 - Athletics Carnival Sports House Competition
- Term 3 - Ball Games Carnival Sports House Competition
- Term 4 - Swimming Carnival Sports House Competition
Children in Years 4-6 participate in Interschool and Intraschool Sport on Friday afternoons during Semester 1 and Semester 2.
Students have the opportunity to trial for District teams in various sports. Successful children can continue this pathway onto Regional, State and National school sport teams.
North West District (NWD) Sport representative trials are available to students in age grouped categories. It is a requirement that students nominated for and attending NWD trials are highly accomplished club players. Each school is only permitted to nominate a limited number of students and this varies for each sport.
Please be aware changes may occur to the NWD Calendar. We will endeavour to do our best in keeping you updated with changes as they arise.
2022 Representative Sport Trial Meetings and Dates for The Gap State School
(click to download)