The Gap Primary School has proudly served The Gap community in the western suburbs of Brisbane since its establishment in 1912.
Our school is committed to providing a quality public education for all students in line with our motto ‘Striving for Success’. Every day and in every classroom we are dedicated to ensuring children are learning, growing, caring and achieving. We provide a safe and inclusive learning environment where the needs, achievements and progress of each child are recognised and supported. A wide range of academic, sporting and cultural experiences provide many opportunities for every child to discover their strengths and achieve.
We take pride in the rich history and traditions at The Gap State School, but we are also devoted to meeting the needs of 21st century learners. Our teachers and staff are committed to professional learning. We use current research to inform our teaching practice and continually improve our education program.
What we offer:
- State of the Art Facilities
- High Quality Teaching Teams
- Specialists and Support Staff
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Award Winning Music Program
- Technologies and ICT
- Health and Physical Education
- School Camps and other Outdoor Education Programs
- Student Leadership
- Extension ,Enrichment and Co-curricular opportunities
- Outside of School Hours Care
- Parent and Citizens Association
Our school features includes:
- Comprehensive Prep transition program
- Air conditioned classrooms
- Interactive whiteboards
- Heated and shaded 25m swimming pool
- Inclusive outdoor education program
- Sun safe adventure playgrounds
- Extensive support programs
- Spacious Multi-Purpose Building
- Digital technology resources
- Well-equipped Resource Centre and library
- Supportive School Chaplain
- Well-maintained sports oval
- Strong community partnerships
- LOTE specialist teacher - Chinese (Year 5 & 6)
- Two multipurpose courts
- Student Sustainability club and school garden
We encourage parents, carers and the wider community to actively participate in the work of our school. And importantly, we acknowledge and support the vital role that parents play as partners in their children’s learning.
I am honoured that parents choose our school to educate their children. It is an act of faith and trust in the work that we do as a whole staff. My staff and I look forward to working together with you to achieve the very best education for your child. We hope you and your child’s time with us will be both inspiring and rewarding.
I invite you to join us in this exciting and rewarding journey.