The Music Supporters' Group (a sub-committee of the P&C Association) provides essential support to music programs in the school. It provides support to the teachers, information to parents through a variety of communication modes, manpower, financial support through fundraising, and supervision at events. It provides resources for both the Choral and Instrumental Programs. Without this support the programs could not exist in the current form and the number of students involved would be greatly reduced.
Regular annual fund raising includes a chocolate drive (done in partnership with the P&C Association), gold coin collections and raffles at the concerts.
Funds raised are used for:
- employment of Choral Conductor and accompanist;
- purchase and maintenance of musical instruments;
- transport, bus hire;
- uniform assistance (black pants);
- sheet music/scores;
- entry fees to competitions;
- miscellaneous equipment (music stands etc.).
The Music Supporters’ Group works because you, the parents and caregivers, participate, so please get involved. There is an extensive range of tasks that volunteer help can assist with on a regular or random basis to suit all types of busy parent timetables.
You may like to consider becoming involved in one or more of the following ways:
- attending & contributing to the Music Supporters’ Group meetings;
- taking a position on the sub committee (Chairperson, Treasurer, Secretary);
- running the shoe bank (borrowing scheme for black shoes used in performances);
- transporting equipment;
- setting up and packing up;
- manning the door at concerts;
- assisting with catering at concerts, camps etc;
- being a part of a phone tree, used for quick messages about time changes, cancellations etc;
- being a parent manager of one of the ensembles/choirs;
- helping with the cataloguing of music;
- distributing and collecting music;
- assisting with day to day administrative tasks;
- helping with fundraising;
- taking photos and/or recordings.