The Gap State School is an enrolment managed school. Further information on the enrolment management plan can be found under Catchment Area section of this website enrolment management plan. To establish the catchment area of an address, please go to the Department of Education catchment map and use the search functions provided.
For Prep enrolments, the Queensland Government's prep ready reckoner calculator is available to assist in determining when your child is eligible for their preparatory (Prep) year.
Expression of Interest
Expressions of interest for enrolment at The Gap State School are accepted online. To submit an expression of interest, please complete our online form here:
Out-of-Catchment Expression of Interest
Families who reside outside the school's catchment area are invited to submit an expression of interest for enrolment in Prep - Year 6.
Submitting an expression of interest does not
guarantee enrolment. All expressions of interest will be recorded on the school's database for potential offers of enrolment by the Principal if a suitable place is, or becomes, available.
Current Year Enrolments
For enrolments after the first day of the school year, for families who reside in the school's catchment area, please complete the Expression of Interest online form attached to this page and contact the school office by phone to commence the enrolment process.
Enrolment forms are available by request from the school office.
Supporting documents to be submitted with enrolment forms are:
- current proof of residential address indicated on the enrolment form:
- One primary source (a current lease agreement, rates notice, or unconditional contract of sale), and;
- One secondary document – a utilities bill (e.g. electricity, gas) showing this same address and parent's / legal guardian's name;
- current Passport and Visa if from outside Australia;
- documentation from previous school including a recent Report Card;
- medical and/or other applicable reports (including for Special Needs Students).
After the school's receipt of the completed enrolment forms and supporting documents, an enrolment interview will be arranged, where you will be requested to provide further documentation, including:
- evidence of student’s date of birth (e.g. Birth Certificate) and Australian residency;
- samples of work such as daily workbooks, which the class teacher will return following perusal.
Enrolment enquiries during school holidays - The school office closes for the duration of Queensland school holidays, except for the last week of the Christmas holiday period. Expressions of interest submitted online during school holidays may not receive a response until the office reopens after holiday periods.