The Gap State School is renowned for its outstanding sporting program and dedicated staff who support and enhance it.
Our sport program comprises of:
- Physical Education lessons each week for all Prep - Year 6 classes
- Years 4 - 6 Friday afternoon, interschool sports programs
- Water safety lessons by experienced Austswim qualified coaches in the school's heated swimming pool (Terms 1 and 4). Swimming lessons are grouped according to confidence and competence.
- Parents SKIDS (Supporting Kids in Developing Sports) P&C subcommittee
- Years 1 - 6 outdoor education and camp program
Our term by term programs are:
- Prep - Year 6 swimming program in Terms 1 and 4
- Prep - Year 6 Athletics program in Term 2
- Prep - Year 6 Balls Skills in Term 3
Celebrations of Learning
- Term 1 - Cross Country Sports House Competition
- Term 2 - Athletics Carnival Sports House Competition
- Term 3 - Ball Games Carnival Sports House Competition
- Term 4 - Swimming Carnival Sports House Competition
Children in Years 4-6 participate in Interschool Sport on Friday afternoons. There are two seasons, Winter sports (Semester 1) and Summer sports (Semester 2).
Skipping and Dance
- Touch football (boys and girls)
- Water Polo
- Tennis coaching
- Skipping and Dance
From 17 March 2020 all representative sport trials have been cancelled until further notice.
Students have the opportunity to trial for District teams in various sports. Successful children can continue this pathway onto Regional, State and National school sport teams.
North West District Representative trials have commenced for 2020. The trials are open to all students born in 2010, 2009 and 2008. As it is representative school sport please be aware that students attending the NWD trials need to be highly accomplished club players. Each school is only permitted to nominate a limited number of students and this varies for each sport.
Please be aware changes may occur to the NWD Calendar. We will endeavour to do our best in keeping you updated with changes as they arise.